Today’s homes have plenty of conveniences, including one we all take for granted: indoor plumbing. It’s easy to forget about the pipes and drains until something goes wrong. One of the most concerning plumbing problems you might face is a main sewer line blockage. Explore the warning signs so you can unclog the main sewer line before a sewage backup occurs.
- Multiple slow drains: Is the sink taking its sweet time emptying? Does the tub refuse to clear? These problems aren’t just momentary annoyances; they’re the first sign of a main sewer line blockage. You should especially take notice if multiple drains become slow at the same time.
- Clogged toilets: If you have to reach for the plunger more often than you’d like, don’t dismiss it as just a random occurrence. Frequent clogs could signify a deeper problem, like a serious obstruction in your main sewer line, possibly caused by intrusive tree roots.
- Gurgling sounds: Your plumbing system should operate quietly. If you hear gurgling or bubbling noises coming from the drain, this might indicate a clogged sewer line. These sounds are particularly concerning if they appear to be linked, such as if the shower drain gurgles when you flush the toilet or the toilet water bubbles when the washing machine drains.
- Foul odors: Detecting a lingering sewage smell in or around your home points to a compromised sewer pipe. Cracks or breaks in the line allow unpleasant sewer gases to escape, hinting at the need for repair.
- Mold growth: If water stains or mold on your ceilings and walls accompany a distinct sewage smell, you probably have a broken sewer line. This problem requires immediate attention to prevent further property damage and health risks.
- Wet spots and lush grass: Old underground sewer pipes that crack or collapse may cause lingering wet spots or patches of extra green grass. Sewer line repair is essential to remedy this problem.
- Sunken areas: Ignoring soggy spots can lead to major problems. As the soil becomes over-saturated due to a sewer line leak, voids may develop under the foundation or in the yard. Cracked concrete and sunken areas are noticeable signs that this is occurring.
- Related problems: If these early signs of sewer line problems go unnoticed, they can lead to other issues like rodent infestation, foundation damage, or perilous sinkholes. These consequences further emphasize the need to act quickly when you spot the first signs of trouble.
Clear a Main Sewer Line Clog with Help from Parley’s PPM Plumbing, Heating & Cooling
If you detect any of these warning signs, act now! Parley’s PPM Plumbing, Heating & Cooling is well-equipped to unclog the main sewer line without a cleanout. After over 40 years in business, we understand the importance of getting it right the first time around. We’re also dedicated to customer service and quality sewer line repairs. Contact us today at 801-226-3033 if you live in Utah County, or call 801-229-2665 if you’re a Salt Lake County resident. You can also fill out our online contact form, and we’ll get back to you shortly.