Emergency HVAC Services in Salt Lake County & Utah County
We Perform Emergency Heating & Cooling Services
No one would want to experience a cold Utah summer without heating, and the same holds true for going without air conditioning during our warm winters. Parley’s PPM Plumbing, Heating & Cooling offers emergency HVAC services for home and business owners in Salt Lake County and Utah County, UT. Many times your heat will stop working during one of the coldest days of the winter, or your air will give out on the hottest summer day. Our professional technicians are available 24/7 for any emergency HVAC situation you may experience. Keep reading to learn more about how we can help, what constitutes an emergency, common HVAC emergencies you may experience, signs you need A/C or heating repairs, and how to prevent potential problems from occurring. Get in touch with us ASAP if you need emergency HVAC repair.
How We Can Help
Homeowners shouldn’t attempt to perform HVAC emergency repair themselves, and our experts are here for you around the clock should you need us. We can dispatch an expert to your home or business immediately if you have a true emergency situation. Our team works with all makes and models of:
- Air Conditioners
- Air Handlers
- Heat Pumps
- Ductless & Split Systems
- A/C Compressors
- Zoned Systems
- Air Filters
- A/C Condensers
- Evaporator Coils
- Swamp & Evaporative Coolers
- And More
What Is Considered an HVAC Emergency?
It’s necessary to know whether you have an HVAC emergency on your hands or your situation can wait until the next business day. Sometimes emergency repairs cost a bit more than routine services, so you’ll want to understand what constitutes an emergency. If you aren’t sure whether your problem requires immediate attention, give us a call, and we’ll let you know. If it is an emergency, we’ll send someone to you right away. If not, we’ll schedule an appointment ASAP. Keep reading to learn more about common emergencies for heating and air conditioning.
Common HVAC Emergencies
Problems with your HVAC can result in increased utility bills and not being comfortable in your home or place of business. Common emergencies include an air conditioner or heater that has stopped working, but there are several others to be aware of. Check out some common HVAC emergencies that require you to contact us for service right away:
- No Heat from Furnace – During our cold winters, you expect warm air to blow out of your vents while the heat is on. If that doesn’t happen, you have a problem that would certainly be considered an emergency. There are many reasons why this issue may occur, including using the wrong thermostat setting, failing to change your furnace air filter, or not getting a flame to ignite your heater. Our experts will check your pilot light or electronic ignition. We will do whatever it takes to restore your heat so you can keep warm and comfortable.
- Refrigerant Leak – Leaks in coolants lines to air conditioning units can cause big problems. Your air conditioner can struggle without enough coolant. It will run constantly and cost you money while not keeping you cool enough. If your air conditioner isn’t working as well as it used to, you should schedule service right away. If you notice a refrigerant leak, you have an emergency on your hands.
- Electrical Problems – Any electrical problems with your HVAC system can be considered emergencies. Breakers that keep tripping, total shutdowns, or burning smells all require our professionals. Don’t ignore electrical problems or attempt to fix them on your own. You may have an overloaded capacitor or burned-out wire.
- Frozen Coils – When the refrigerant in your air conditioner drops below freezing, moisture can condense and freeze, resulting in coils being encased in ice. This problem can cause severe damage to your equipment if you continue running it. Frozen coils can occur if you are running your air when it’s already cool outside, setting the temperature too low, or neglecting to clean the intake filter.
- Broken Thermostat – Your thermostat is the brain of your HVAC operation, and if it stops working, your air and heat will not work either. It can be challenging to tell if the problem stems from your thermostat just by looking at it yourself. Our trained technicians can diagnose the problem and determine where it’s originating from.
Signs You Need A/C Repairs
There are many signs that you require emergency air conditioning repair service. Check them out and give us a call if you are experiencing any of these problems:
- Unusual Noises – You can’t expect your HVAC to be totally silent, but you should have a good idea of what it usually sounds like. If your system is a lot louder than usual, call us for emergency service. You could have a significant problem, such as air trapped in coolant lines or a refrigerant leak.
- Vents Blowing Warm Air – No one wants their air conditioning to blow warm air. This problem indicates it’s time to call us for emergency service. You might have a faulty air compressor or a blockage in your vents.
- Rapid Cycling – If your HVAC system turns off and on more frequently than it usually does, there might be a problem with your thermostat or a problem with the electrical connection.
- Ice Forming – Visible ice on your air conditioner or its outside compressor unit can indicate that the evaporator coils are not working correctly. This issue can occur from a leak, clogged filter, or other reasons.
- High Humidity – When your air conditioner is working correctly, your indoor humidity level should be at 30% to 50% to keep you comfortable without allowing for mold or mildew to grow. High humidity levels indicate a problem that requires service.
- Odd Smells – If you notice strange odors coming from your A/C unit, you need to give us a call. You could have a dead rodent in your ductwork or a buildup of debris.
- Tripped Breaker – If your air conditioner frequently trips your circuit breaker, you could have an underlying electrical problem with the A/C unit or the electrical panel.
Signs You Require Emergency Heating Repair
Just like there are signs you need emergency air conditioner repair, check out these symptoms that you require emergency heating repair services:
- Tripping Breaker – If your circuit breaker keeps tripping while running your furnace, contact us. This is an emergency because of an increased fire risk.
- Rotten Egg Smell – Gas furnaces that produce a rotten egg smell likely indicate a gas leak. If this occurs, evacuate your home immediately. Contact your local gas company and give us a call before returning to your home after we solve the problem.
- Yellow Flame – A yellow flame in your gas furnace is not a good sign. Your pilot light or flame should be blue. Yellow indicates your furnace producing high levels of carbon monoxide. Don’t wait to call us because this is an emergency.
- Puddles or Steam – Puddles or steam around your boiler can be a symptom of a broken valve. This leak can cause significant water damage, so be sure to treat this situation as an emergency.
Prevent Potential Problems
The best way to prevent potential emergencies with your HVAC equipment is routine maintenance from Parley’s PPM Plumbing, Heating & Cooling. We will visit your home or business in Salt Lake County or Utah County and inspect all your equipment to catch minor issues before they become more significant, costly problems. Contact us to schedule maintenance or 24/7 to dispatch emergency technicians.