Radiant Floor Heating Services in Orem & Draper, UT
Parley’s PPM Plumbing Offers Radiant Floor Heating Services
To help combat cold winter mornings in Orem, UT, Parley’s PPM Plumbing and HVAC offer radiant floor heating services for homeowners throughout the area. Our family-owned company has been serving local residents with expert plumbing, heating, and cooling services since 1979, providing customer service and expert craftsmanship you will not find anywhere else. Our specialties include radiant heating systems, which supply heat to your floor or the panels in your wall or ceiling. Do not fret about starting your day with cold feet. Our professional technicians can install warranty-backed radiant heating panels in your home to help keep you warm throughout the frosty Utah winter. If you want to experience the warmth of a heated floor in your home, contact us today to learn how we can make that happen.
Types of Radiant Floor Heating
There are three main types of radiant floor heating available through Parley’s PPM Plumbing in Orem, UT. Each style relies on convection, as the natural circulation of air within a given room warms the living space using heat rising from the floors. The types of radiant floor heating we offer include:
- Electric – An electric radiant floor heating system typically comprises electrical cables built into the floor. However, it may also consist of electrically conductive plastic installed below a floor covering such as tile.
- Hydronic – Liquid systems, otherwise known as hydronic systems, pump heated water through tubing under the floor. The most popular type of radiant floor heating, hydronic systems can regulate room temperatures using zoning valves or pumps and thermostats in each tubing loop.
- Air-heated – Typically not used in residential settings, air-heated radiant flooring systems pump air through tubes in the floor. Homeowners can combine air-heated radiant floor heating with solar air heating systems for cost savings.
Radiant Floor Heating’s Advantages in Orem, UT
Radiant floor heating is an increasingly popular feature in Orem, UT homes. With temperatures regularly dipping well below freezing during the winter, homeowners are thrilled to have an available option that will deliver heat through their floors. Among the myriad benefits of radiant floor heating are:
- Increased energy efficiency – Radiant floor heating is effective at cooling rooms at much lower temperatures than traditional radiators. It is also much more efficient than baseboard heating. Therefore, the rooms of your home will use less energy and keep your utility bills lower.
- Even warmth – Traditional radiators heat the air closest to them first, meaning there are going to be areas of the room that are much cooler. Radiant floor heating eliminates these cold spots and heats the whole room evenly.
- No maintenance – Underfloor heating is virtually effortless to run. Furthermore, you can utilize a smart or programmable thermostat to ensure it runs as efficiently as possible.
- Additional space – You no longer need to forfeit space because of a traditional radiator on the wall, which will allow more room for furniture, home accents, and more.
- Safety – Without the need for a radiator in the open, you are not vulnerable to sharp edges or hot surfaces.
- Improved air quality – Contrary to a forced-air heating system that continuously circulates air – spreading dust, mold spores, allergens, and pet dander – radiant floor heating does not circulate air at all. Therefore, the air quality in your Orem, UT will improve.
- Ease of installation – The professionals at Parley’s PPM Plumbing can easily install radiant floor heating in your home.
Radiant Floor Heating Installation in Orem, UT
The HVAC specialists at Parley’s PPM Plumbing and HVAC comprise a team that has been serving Orem, UT and the entirety of Utah County for four decades. We can capably install radiant floor heating in a variety of manners. We can perform “wet” installations, which involve embedding cables or tubing on a solid floor, such as a concrete foundation slab or a thin layer of flooring material installed on top of a subfloor. Our team can also complete dry installations, in which we suspend the cables or tubing between the subfloor and the joists.
Once installed, homeowners can utilize any style of floor covering to match the aesthetics in their living areas. Ceramic tile is the most effective floor covering for radiant floor heating because of its ability to conduct heat. But vinyl and linoleum sheet goods, wood, or carpeting can also be used.
We Also Provide Radiant Heating Panels
The same concept as radiant floor heating, radiant heating panels can be mounted in your walls or ceilings to help heat your home. These panels can use hot water tubing but are most commonly heated electrically. Parley’s PPM Plumbing and HVAC recommend radiant heating panels because they can quickly provide supplemental heating to any room. They are also useful for delivering heat to home additions when it is impractical to extend a central heating system.
Contact Parley’s PPM Plumbing Today
If you are tired of emerging from a cozy slumber only to plant your warm feet onto the frigid floor in your Orem, UT home, it is time to consider radiant floor heating from Parley’s PPM Plumbing & HVAC. Radiant floor heating can evenly heat the rooms in your home, improve your air quality, and increase your energy efficiency. Let our team of expert contractors help you – and your toes – stay warm this winter. Contact us today for a consultation.