Commercial Water Heater Installation, Repair & Replacement
Commercial business owners rely heavily on the performance of their water heaters. These units must keep up with high demands, whether in restaurants, apartment buildings, or industrial buildings. Parley’s PPM Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling specializes in commercial water heater repair and replacement in Draper, UT and Utah County, ensuring commercial businesses have the hot water supply they need. Consistent and reliable hot water plays an essential role in any business, whether it’s to meet customer expectations or necessary for manufacturing and cleaning. You should call Parley’s PPM Plumbing at the first sign of any commercial water heater issue so we can get it repaired as soon as possible. Putting off giving your water heater the attention it needs, when it needs it, will end up costing you more in repairs, reduce your productivity, and could end up leading to unhappy customers.
Does Your Commercial Water Heater Need Repair or Replacement?
If you suspect your commercial water heater is experiencing issues with performance or you notice leaks, you should call the professionals at Parley’s PPM Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling to assess if it needs repairs or a replacement. Water heaters are reliable units that don’t require a lot of maintenance. However, there is annual routine servicing that can be done to stay ahead of repair issues. When we inspect your commercial water heater to determine if it can be repaired or needs to be replaced, one of the big factors we consider is the age of the unit. Other common repairs we find that won’t require a replacement are:
Tank draining: Sediment build-up can cause issues with performance. We drain the tank to remove sediment, which can also extend the life of the unit since sediment is one of the most significant contributors to corrosion.
Leaky valves: Valves that leak can be replaced. Sometimes they wear out over time faster than the tank itself.
Water temperature: Resetting the temperature can fix problems like not receiving enough hot water.
Gas water heaters: Pilot light maintenance and thermocouple replacements can get water heaters functioning correctly again.
Electric water heaters: It may sound obvious, but problems with electric water heaters can also be tied back to the electrical panel they are connected to, so we check circuits and electricity supply.
How to Tell When a Commercial Water Heater Needs Replacement
While Parley’s PPM Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling does offer commercial water heater repair, there are times when a replacement makes more sense. Some of the signs we look for include:
- The unit’s age: Commercial water heaters don’t last forever. Tank-type heaters typically last about 10 years. Various factors play a role in the actual life-span, but it should be replaced if your unit is 10 years or older.
- Rusty water: Rust in your hot water is a sign of internal corrosion and breakdown of the inside of the water heater.
- Not enough hot water: If the water heater has consistent trouble keeping up with moderate demand for hot water, that usually means efficiency has been reduced and will continue to deteriorate.
- Rumbling noises: Water heaters run fairly quietly, so any loud or rumbling noises are usually a sign of dirt and debris that have collected inside the tank.
- Water leaks: Water leaking, especially around the base of the water heater, is a sign that the tank should be immediately replaced. Leaks get worse, and that much water from the tank could cause other damage.
- Frequent repairs: If repair calls for your water have become a frequent occurrence, it will probably be more cost-efficient to replace the water heater rather than continually paying for repairs.
Upgrade to a Commercial Tankless Water Heater
Have you thought about upgrading your water supply with a commercial tankless water heater? Parley’s PPM Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling is one of the few plumbing companies in Utah County to offer this newer, money-saving technology. Commercial tankless water heaters are available with both gas and electric heat systems. In addition to saving space since no tank is required, they come with many benefits over tank-type water heaters such as:
- Money savings: With on-demand tankless water, you only spend money to heat the water when you need it. You don’t have to heat an entire supply tank and continue to spend money to keep it warm even when it’s not in use.
- Environmentally friendly: Better efficiency and lower utility bills add to a better performing unit for the environment. Also, since there is no tank, fewer materials are used to create these smaller appliances and reduce landfill disposal when they are replaced.
- Fresher water: With on-demand hot water, you receive fresher water coming right out of the water supply without relying on tank-stored water.
- Different size options: Commercial tankless water heaters come in various supply sizes to handle the demand your business requires. Our knowledgeable staff will help you figure out the proper size for your company.
Schedule Your Commercial Water Heater Repair or Replacement
With a full range of options that include gas, electric, and commercial tankless water heaters, our certified plumbers have been providing reliable commercial water heater repair and replacement with 24-hour plumbing emergency services for businesses in Draper, UT and Utah County. We offer preventative maintenance programs that can stay ahead of any potential service issues to keep your commercial water heater working dependably. Contact the professionals at Parley’s PPM Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling for your commercial water heater service today!