While gravity is typically all your plumbing system needs to send waste on its way, sometimes it needs a little extra help. The next time you experience a stubborn sewer drain clog, try to clear it with a plunger or auger first. But if those methods fail, it’s time to turn to high-pressure drain cleaning.
What is High-Pressure Drain Cleaning?
Also known as hydro jetting, high-pressure drain cleaning involves inserting a powerful hose fitted with a robust nozzle into your sewer line. Once the hose reaches the problem area, high-pressure water sprays into the pipes, flushing out obstructions like grease, soap scum, mineral deposits, sand, and even tree roots.
Benefits of High-Pressure Drain Cleaning
Could this method for unclogging the main drain be right for you? Consider these seven benefits to help you decide:
- More thorough than traditional methods: Stubborn or recurring clogs resist unclogging methods that simply push the problem further down the line or only partially dislodge it. But high-pressure drain cleaning obliterates clogs. After a hydro-jetting session, your pipes are as pristine as the day they were installed.
- Faster and more efficient: Time is of the essence when dealing with plumbing issues. Traditional methods might require hours or even days to take effect. In contrast, high-pressure drain cleaning offers a quick route to free-flowing drains. The pressurized water reaches the clog and immediately disperses it, saving you valuable time and reducing stress.
- Eliminates odors: High-pressure water does more than remove visible clogs—it also flushes away the bacteria that produce bad smells. This keeps your home fresh, enhancing your living space.
- Environmentally friendly: While it might be convenient to pour chemicals down the drain, consider the environmental impact. High-pressure drain cleaning uses nothing but water—no soap or harsh chemicals flow into your wastewater, making it an eco-friendly choice for unclogging the main drain.
- Ideal for hard-to-reach areas: Are you having sewer problems in the basement or crawlspace? No worries—high-pressure drain cleaning can tackle obstructions in these hidden, hard-to-reach areas, ensuring a thorough main drain cleanout.
- Kind to your pipes: Avoid the risk of damaging your plumbing with a drain cleaning method that doesn’t involve abrasive chemicals.
- Cost-effective: DIY chemical drain cleaners might seem cheap, but they often come with hidden costs, like the potential for pipe damage, which can lead to expensive repairs. High-pressure drain cleaning is a one-time investment that clears the clog and prevents further issues for years to come.
Schedule High-Pressure Drain Cleaning
With over 40 years of experience serving the Draper area, Parley’s PPM Plumbing, Heating & Cooling is a family-owned company dedicated to giving your clogged sewer the attention it deserves. With our tradition of unparalleled customer service and quality repairs, we’re confident we can get it right the first time. To schedule high-pressure drain cleaning, dial 801-226-3033 if you live in Utah County, or call 801-229-2665 if you’re a Salt Lake County resident. You can also fill out our online contact form, and we’ll get back to you shortly.