NATE-Certified Air Conditioner Replacement in Orem, UT
Since 1979, Parley’s PPM Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling has been providing high-quality HVAC services to home and business owners throughout the region. Customers in need of air conditioner replacement in Orem, UT can expect the same reliable service, warrantied parts and labor, and customer satisfaction that have made our plumbing and heating services so reputable. If you suspect that it might be time to replace or upgrade your home’s air conditioner, call the experts at Parley’s PPM Plumbing for professional air conditioning unit installation replacement.
Choosing the Right Type of AC Replacement Unit for Your Home
If it’s time to replace the air conditioning system in your home, there are various options to choose from when deciding on a new AC unit. You don’t necessarily have to go with the same type of air conditioner you currently have. If the cooling system in your home is older than 10 years, newer technology may offer better results for your home cooling needs. The heating and cooling specialists at Parley’s PPM Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling take the time to educate customers on the various options available for AC replacement. Our friendly team will discuss the pros and cons of each type and help you make the best decision for your home. Once you decide on which type of cooling system is right for you, you can rely on us for the complete installation of your air conditioner replacement unit.
Learn About the Different Types of Replacement AC Units
There are four main types of air conditioning systems available when considering an AC installation replacement. Split systems, heat pumps, packaged central air coolers, and ductless mini-split systems all provide efficient, reliable cooling. Parley’s PPM Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling only works with the top manufacturers for air conditioner replacement, so you know you will be getting a quality product no matter which type you choose. While split systems are ideal for most homes, ductless mini-split systems have grown in popularity over the past several years because of their ability to provide cooling air in the house without the need for duct-work. They are also small in size and provide flexibility for zoning to cool individual rooms rather than run an AC unit that cools the entire house.
New smart Wi-Fi thermostats offer additional energy efficiency with air conditioner replacements. Our knowledgeable HVAC installers will show you how easy programming your new thermostat is. You can enjoy the convenience of setting your thermostat to a cooling schedule and not worry about having to remember to turn it up or down!
Signs It Might Be Time to Replace Your Air Conditioner Unit
When functioning properly, the air conditioner in your home provides comfortable temperatures during the hot summer months and lowers the humidity level throughout the house. Sometimes we take this convenience for granted, especially after years of reliability from our home’s cooling system. But when the air conditioner in your home starts acting up, it doesn’t take long to notice that your house doesn’t feel as cool and dry as you expect it to be from a well-performing unit. There are common signs to be aware of that it might be time to replace your air conditioner. If you notice any of these, contact Parley’s PPM Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling. Our HVAC technicians can diagnose the issue and help you decide if it’s time to replace your home’s air conditioner. Be on the lookout for:
- No cool air or lack of air-flow: This is the most obvious sign and the easiest to detect. If you realize that the air isn’t cold or there is limited or no air coming from the vent, it’s time to call an HVAC technician.
- Signs of moisture leaking or build-up: All air conditioner units create condensation that they can handle. A large amount of moisture build-up that results in leaking is usually the sign of a severe issue. If it’s a refrigerant leak, not only is it bad for your AC unit, but it could pose a health risk to your family.
- Odd or loud sounds: If you hear any noises other than the usual hum while your air conditioner is running, such as grinding, banging, or squealing, it’s important to turn off your AC unit and call for a professional diagnosis. These sounds usually indicate a problem within the motorized parts.
- Foul smells: Air conditioners emit clean, odorless air when functioning correctly. If you notice foul or strange odors, especially burning or smoky smells, call an HVAC professional as soon as possible.
- Higher energy bills: If your system isn’t running correctly, it will have to work harder to cool your home. This will result in higher energy bills. If you aren’t hearing any strange noises or notice any odd odors, high energy bills are an excellent way to detect a problem that exists.
Should I Repair or Replace My AC Unit?
One of the many difficult decisions homeowners are confronted with at some point is whether they should repair or replace their air conditioner. Decisions like these can be challenging because the price tag of a complete air conditioner replacement installation is likely more than the repair cost and, everything can be repaired, right? It’s true that just about anything can be repaired but at Parley’s PPM Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling, we provide our customers with honest advice on whether it’s time to repair or replace their air conditioner. Here are a few things to keep in mind when contemplating this decision as a homeowner:
- The age of the unit: Air conditioners last between 10-15 years, so if yours is over a decade old and you see more and more need for repairs, replacing is a good idea.
- The cost of the repair: If the cost of the repair is high in comparison to how old the unit is, it might be better to replace the air conditioner.
- Where you are in life: If you’re at a place where replacing your air conditioner makes sense financially, so you don’t have to worry about costly repairs for the next few years, replacing can provide peace of mind.
Contact Parley’s PPM for Professional AC Replacement Service
Repairing or replacing your home’s air conditioner unit might not be a cut and dry answer, but weighing a few details like the age of your cooling system, the cost of a potential repair and your unit’s history of reliability will help shed some light on the right path for you. The professional HVAC technicians at PPM Parley’s Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling are available for assistance. They will gladly diagnose your air conditioner’s status to help you decide if replacing is the right decision. Contact us today for an AC unit replacement consultation in Orem, UT, and learn about our affordable financing options!