Orem Steam Humidifier Installation
Humidity measures the amount of water vapor present in the ambient air. Inside your home, many factors can affect humidity and indoor air quality, including the conditions outside and the function of your HVAC system. A whole-home steam humidifier is an excellent way to improve your home’s indoor air quality in Provo, UT; Parley’s PPM Plumbing is pleased to offer the professional help you need with HVAC maintenance, repair, and installation at home.
Why You Need a Steam Humidifier in Utah
Research has shown that humidity levels ranging from 40-60% are ideal for indoor comfort. When your home’s indoor humidity falls below these values, several negative effects may be observed.
- Home heating systems often affect humidity, drying out indoor air during the heating process. Even though the average outdoor humidity levels in Utah fall between 40-50% during the winter, your home’s humidity levels may be much lower while running your furnace for heat.
- Low humidity levels are often responsible for physical discomfort and can exacerbate chronic conditions such as eczema. Poor indoor air quality may also affect the condition and longevity of your belongings and your home’s furnishings and finishes.
- Moisture content affects how much heat the air can hold. Dry air holds less heat, which makes your home feel colder and prompts you to run your heating system for longer periods of time. Adding just the right amount of humidity with a steam humidifier will make your home feel warmer, reducing your energy bills and lowering the amount of strain on your heating and cooling system.
How a Steam Humidifier Works
A whole-home steam humidifier is a simple solution to achieve better indoor air quality for your home. Steam humidifiers are automated systems that require very little user input to maintain comfort.
- The humidity in your home is measured via a humidistat, which prompts your humidifier to activate when humidity levels are low, just as your thermostat activates your furnace when the temperature is too cold.
- Steam humidifiers maintain a reservoir of water, which is heated upon activation. When the water reaches boiling, it creates steam, whish is distributed through your home via your ducts using your furnace blower at a low speed.
- When the desired humidity level is reached, your humidistat shuts off the steam humidifier until it is needed once more.
Schedule Your Service
Your comfort at home plays a significant role in your family’s health and quality of life. At Parley’s PPM Plumbing, we take indoor air quality seriously. If you’d like to discuss your options for achieving healthier indoor air, including duct cleaning and HVAC maintenance in Orem, call Parley’s PPM Plumbing today at 801-226-3033 for more information.