Heating & Air Contiditioning Service in the Orem Area
Serving Orem, Provo, American Fork, Spanish Fork & More
When your air conditioning or furnace is acting up, who do you turn to for repairs? If you want expert, reliable service and timely repairs, trust the heating and cooling experts at Parley’s PPM Plumbing of Orem, UT. For nearly 40 years, Parley’s PPM Plumbing has provided HVAC service and maintenance for residents in Orem, Provo, American Fork, Spanish Fork, Lindon, Utah County and the surrounding areas.
Benefits of Routine HVAC Maintenance
By scheduling routine maintenance with the HVAC experts at Parley’s PPM Plumbing, you will ensure that your heating and cooling system operates at peak efficiency. In addition to lowering your monthly energy bills, routine maintenance and annual tune-ups will also increase the lifespan of your HVAC equipment. Routine HVAC maintenance can also increase your indoor air quality by removing dirty, dust, pollen, mold, and other allergens from your heating and cooling equipment.
Signs of Heating and Cooling Trouble
When your furnace or air conditioner is acting up, you can save lots of time and money by scheduling AC or furnace repair before the problem gets any worse. But how do you know when HVAC repair is needed? Contact Parley’s PPM Plumbing of Orem if you recognize any of these signs:
- Furnace/heat pump blowing cold air when in heating mode
- Outdoor AC unit makes strange/loud noises
- Uneven heating or cooling throughout the home
- Not enough airflow
- Sudden spike in electricity bills
HVAC Replacement Questions
Depending on the age and condition of your heating and cooling equipment, it may be time to replace your air conditioner or furnace instead of paying for additional repairs. Call a professional HVAC installation contractor to help you make a change if your heating and cooling system is 12 to 20 years old and is experiencing frequent problems. We’ve put together a list of questions to ask before purchasing a new HVAC system to select the heating and cooling equipment that best fits your needs.
Questions to Ask
- What size HVAC system do I need for my home? An HVAC system that is too small for your home cannot deliver adequate heating or cooling in extreme weather; a system that is too large will provide poorer temperature and humidity control. Your HVAC installation contractor will perform a detailed load calculation to determine the capacity needed to appropriately distribute hot and cold air to each room.
- What type of heating and cooling system should I buy? There are many choices when it comes to selecting a replacement HVAC system. When exploring your options, consider such factors as seasonal energy efficiency, fuel utilization, and humidity control. Your heating and cooling contractor can walk you through the options to help you make the best choice.
- How do I measure HVAC efficiency? The efficiency of a cooling system is expressed by its Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating (SEER). The minimum efficiency you should consider is SEER 13, but higher efficiency is likely to be more cost-effective. For boilers and furnaces, look at the Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rating in the 80s and 90s. AFUE is essentially the efficiency percentage of a heating system.